Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Review: The New KV-1e KV-1 and the KV-2

 By Eric Lauterbach

Battlefront has updated their KV series of models and I wanted to see how they compare to the old sculpts.

I love the KV tank in the game. The Kliment Voroshilov, named after the Soviet Defense minster, first made its appearance in the Winter War versus the Finns.

The performance, with its almost impervious armor, made it superior to almost everything on the battlefield. Battlefront updated the KV-1 obr 1939/1940 and the KV-1e plus while they were at it the super heavy and somewhat silly KV-2.





Here is what you get in the pack for the Heavy KV-1e

KV-1 obr 1939

Both packs come with two guns for options.

Very little flash or trim work was required on these new casts.

The hull on all three models is exactly the same.

The only difference is the turrets and guns.

They went together quick and painted up fast.

I went with the early 1939 model since I all ready have other KV-1

I did not have a good captured KV for my German army so they got the upgrade.

Here is a comparison with the older BF models the new models have a slightly bigger hull and magnet hole for the turret that the old models did not have. ( old one on right, new on left)

Old turret (on left) is slightly smaller. 

Both had great detail I am not sure BF needed to update these.

I think they will mix fine.

Old model up front.

Old model in middle.

I had enough space for a whole paragraph of tank slogans on this thing!

Love this model so goofy



All in all I am really pleased with the new KV as Battlefront continues improving the quality of its sculpts. . 

Tarzan like tank!

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.