Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 25, 2016

Bolt Action - My LRDG project comes to a conclusion, well sort of!

By Patch


Earlier this year I was fortunate to receive some of the new Warlord Games  Long Range Desert Group (LRDG) Chevrolet trucks and one of their Jeeps to review. I found them to be amazing and I was bitten by the LRDG bug. Something about their roguish appearance and mish-mash of vehicles made them truly appear like pirates of the desert and had me hooked. I reviewed those vehicles and provided a painting guide here.





Since then I was able to get my hands on a few more vehicles, well ok, a heap more vehicles, and in quick time I painted those up as well. I obtained a Ford F30 and Blitz Buggy from Company B, four Jeeps from Perry Miniatures, two more Chevrolet's from a member of the WWPD forum and 17 infantry from Artizan Designs.



Throughout this project I kept a photo log on the Bolt Action Alliance Facebook page which you can check out here. I have realized that I am a few squads of infantry short so will have to continue the adventure soon. The current idea though is to repurpose some of the French Foreign Legion I already have which will make a nice unique addition to the force.



I have started working on lists, using the Behind Enemy Lines Selector, and have found it incredibly difficult to do so and fit in as many of the vehicles in my project as possible. Even when I took all the weapons off the Chevrolet's and made them transports I was still one vehicle short. In order to come within the 1000 limit for an event coming up I have had to make the officers and trucks regular (I can hear gnashing of teeth all over the world at that thought!) but as stated my idea was to fit as much of my project on the table at the one time so I make no apologies.


I will do another article once I have attended that event with lists and with a blow-by-blow account of how it fared. 




Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.