Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

East Front Infantry Aces Progress

Last night we got in some Infantry Aces games at Dirty Jon's. We decided to launch an Eastern Front Infantry Aces campaign to help us all escalate our forces. The first game we played is here: Infantry Aces Game One

STEVEN AND TED

Ted and I actually got two games in. I ran Guards Rifles with 2 1-platoon companies. Both were upgraded to Rifle/MG with one swapping for SMGs. The SMG company then had 2 light mortars and the other had a maxim HMG. Ted ran German grenadiers with 2 platoons and an HMG platoon which he allocated out (2 each) to his grenadier platoons.

GAME ONE was No retreat. Ted started with one platoon on the board, which got to be deployed in ambush. So I did what any soviet commander would do- double-timed it towards both objectives!

My Strelkovy double timing it!


SMG platoon on the left


Rifle/MG Platoon on the right

In the end, Ted had to choose where to spring his ambush, and committed to one flank praying his reserves would arrive on the other. His HMGs followed up with a brave assault did knock out one of my companies, but the other company was able to seize the other objective. Our first game netted both of us 2 experience points.


Strelkovy seize the objective.

GAME TWO was Breakthrough. Ted and I finished our first game quickly, and so played a second round. This time I was again attacking in Breakthrough. Ted committed all of his forces to try to break me before my reserves arrived. Unfortunately, a well deployed maxim HMG kept him at bay. My reserves arrived and seized the objective while Ted tried up until turn 6 to break my first company. In the end Ted's entire company was ground down, while my Rifle/MG company was reduced to 2 stands. This time I earned 3 experience points and Ted earned 1. This officially nets me my first Infantry Ace skill.



LUKE AND JON

On the other board, Luke's soviets also attacked Jon's Grenadiers in No Retreat.


Jon's Grenadiers


Luke's soviets


More of Luke's reds.

I didn't see much of Luke and Jon's game, but I believe Jon stopped Luke in his tracks, and Luke lost a unit.


INFANTRY ACES STANDINGS


ALLIES
  • STEVEN'S GUARDS STRELKOVY: 7 XP
      Ace Skill: TBD
  • LUKE'S GUARDS STRELKOVY: 3 XP
  • JOE'S GUARDS STRELKOVY: 5 XP

AXIS
  • JON'S GRENADIERS: 5 XP
  • SEAN'S FINN INFANTRY: 4 XP
  • TED'S GRENADIERS: 5 XP

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.