Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bolt Action - Review: Blitzkrieg Miniatures - M3 Stuart


While DaveOwaR was busy buying his Bison from Blitzkrieg Miniatures, I was drooling over the AMAZING!!! M3 Stuart.  This thing is seriously one of the best sculpted and quality tanks I have ever owned.  The detail is through the roof and the ease of assembly makes my knees weak.  If you haven't checked out or bought models from Blitzkrieg miniatures I highly, highly encourage you to check them out.  For all you Yanks you can get Blitzkrieg miniatures from Architects of War in the States.




This is the third Blitzkrieg tank I have bought.  I also own a Panzer II and their Tiger (Late).  One thing that I love about Blitzkrieg is they stock their tanks in 1/48 and 1/56 scale.  Since I rock it large with 1/48 scale, it's nice to have access to high quality, reasonably priced, 1/48 scale resin kits.  In total the M3 Stuart only comes with 7 parts.  A hull, turret, main gun, two MGs, a .30cal, and hatch.


As you can see the level of detail on the tracks, rivets, and hull is fantastic.  Also this is how the model comes.  There is almost no flash, model lines, bulging, miscast issues.  Total clean up time was less than a minute.


View from the rear.


View from the front.


View with the turret.


Assembled with MGs and gun.


My only concern with this kit is the MGs are long and thin.  Since they are made of resin, I am worried they may break in the future.


I love the .30 cal.  It is made of resin and is highly detailed, like the rest of the tank.


I can't wait to put paint to this tank.  The only thing I am struggling with is do I paint it for my upcoming 8th army project or make it lend lease and give it to my Soviets.  So many options for this goodness, I might have to buy more.




Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.