Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 22, 2011

Try out "The Outpost" and let me know what you think!

I've been tweaking my home brew mission "The Outpost" for a while now and I think I've gotten it where I like it. Are there situations that can still break it? Probably, but that can be an issue in just about all missions.

Check it out here. Pay special attention to the reserves rules- they can come in a little faster than you might think if you have a lot of platoons back there! Also note that the objectives don't "go hot" until turn 7, giving the battle time to build up.

I've written up AARs for the mission twice now, both times I was the defender. Check them out here:
Early French defending vs German Panzers
Late US 1st ID vs German Panzers


Objective placement is critical. Both players want them closer to their own reserve areas so they can be grabbed more easily.


Think about what platoon should represent the outpost- here I went with french 75s in the face of panzers.

Give the scenario a shot and let me know what you think!

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.