Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 20, 2013

Bolt Action - Review: Blitzkrieg Panzer II



When I picked up the Tiger from Blitzkrieg miniatures, I also snagged a Panzer II.  Even though they were not powerful, the Panzer II is one of my favorite tanks of the war.  If you want to run a 1939 to 1941 game of Bolt Action, you probably want a Panzer II.



As you can see, the Blitzkrieg Panzer II comes in six pieces.  Two hatches, an MG, a 20mm cannon barrel, and turret, and a hull.  I have no complaints or concerns regarding quality or assembly.  This is an incredibly beautiful kit that requires no clean up.  It was ready to go out of the box.

Here you can see it unpainted and assembled.  The resin is of good quality, and the parts fit very well.

Since the Panzer II was used in the early part of the war, I painted my Panzer II with the traditional Panzer Grey.

As you can tell this model has a great deal of detail.  As detailed as a plastic model kit, in my opinion, but a fraction of the assembly time.

Blitzkrieg offers their models in 1/48 and 1/56 scale.  I bought the 1/48 scale.  It is a good size and scales well next to my collection of figures.  The ones pictured are from Black Tree Design.

I give these a solid 10 out of 10.  The price is right at $30, assembly is nothing, and the detail is great.

If you have experience with Blitzkrieg or other manufactures join us on the forum.

Mentioned in this Post

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.