Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 29, 2014

Bolt Action - Review: Mad Bob Miniatures Indian Carrier

Hey Kids,


Old Man Morin here.  I took a break from painting my DAK motor pool to paint... More desert vehicles (I think I have a problem). For quite a while now I have been talking about the pile of Bob Emerson's resin cast Indian Carriers for my Sikh army. Well, I decided to put my money where my mouth is and got assembling.

Bob's Kit comes in a number of pieces. Seen below:




You might think that for a resin Bolt Action kit that this is a lot of pieces. Well. technically it is but this kit dry fit together in literally under a minute with no glue.  I LIKE that it comes in a number of pieces because it allows for nice crisp details on a simple kit (simple yet detailed... LOOK AT ALL THOSE RIVETS!!!). Pulled out my toothbrush and detergent and got to cleaning! (It is a resin kit after all... remember to scrub your kids gang)...


Everything scrubbed I went back to DAK painting while these babies dried.  And hour or so later (OK, I got caught up painting). I came back to the Carriers and started clearing flash. I started listening to the newest episode of Home Guard Radio at the same time so I knew that everything was clean and ready to assemble after literally 6 and a half minutes (which is saying something because a) I am slow and b) LOOK AT HOW MANY PARTS THERE ARE!). Put simply, there was an incredible lack of flash and mild lines on these models. Now for my favourite part: Assembly!

I will let the pictures do the talking. I added a few bits of metal stowage from Warlord to mix things up (I do have four of these guys). As you can see they assemble nicely and everything was glued and in place in a very short period of time.




Now for the big test (ok another big test). How do they paint up. Well, turns out that crisp details and corners on intentionally boxy kits paints up like a dream!  They're not quite done yet but you get the picture.


If you have not looked at Mad Bob Emerson's sculpting/selling thread on our forums (look in the BA painting and reviews thread), I highly recommend that you do.  He has a ton of great products for sale that are not available anywhere else. I also highly recommend that you check out his very successful kickstarter before it ends at the end of this week.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/454980184/hungarian-tanks-from-mad-bob-miniatures?ref=nav_search

Til next time...




Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.