Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bolt Action - Review: Blitzkrieg Miniatures Valentine

Hi Bolt Actioneers! It's been a long time since I've posted here, and it's been an even longer time since I've painted any 28mm! (Steve saunters into the joint and shows off a Blitzkrieg Minatures Valentine! - J)



Before I left for New Zealand, my friend Miles hooked me up with a Blitzkrieg Miniatures Valentine.
That village is perhaps a bit TOO medieval...
I'll keep the review short, and suffice it to say it was a fantastic model. The cast was crisp (I had to do such little cleanup, I found it odd), and everything went together nicely. In fact, it was very few parts so assembly probably took me less than five minutes.

I decided I liked the look of the tank as a Lend Lease vehicle, and so it will see service on the Eastern Front. I airbrushed the base coat using Vallejo Surface Primer Russian Green. Then it got a liberal highlight with Vallejo green grey. I then used an oil wash to bring out details, weathered it, and called it a day. More about my technique on Soviet vehicles can be seen here: http://www.wwpd.net/2014/02/my-new-painting-technique-bang-for-buck.html
Advancing alongside some PSC Soviet infantry.


Next to a Warlord Games T-34/85.
Thanks for reading!

(Thanks Steve! - J)

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.