Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Gale Force 9 Swamps (also German Early War Purchases)


Today I got in a pretty large Flames of War order. I wasn't able to get any Panzer II Cs, so I said "screw it", and got Panzer II Fs instead. That's pretty much the nerdiest thing I've ever said. Anyway, hopefully no one calls me out on it. They look pretty much the same, and most importantly- the Fs were available :)









I also nabbed a boat load of Panzer Is and Panzer IV d. This pretty much gives me the ability to do leichte panzers, verlastete panzers, and Mitlerre panzers. I also picked up Rommel in his 38(t), which means a crapload of 38(t) purchases are in my near future. Round that out with some infantry I ordered, a box of stukas, and some swamps, and my god! Someone at BF just put their kid through college courtesy of the Stevie Mac scholarship!

The real point of this post, however, is to review the beautiful swamps by Gale Force 9 and Battlefront Miniatures.




Here they are straight out of the box. At this stage, after spending 40 seconds opening them- they are ready to play! That right there says a lot- $25 and BAM 2 durable, complete swamps.


For scale.


And again.

So for $25 per box (I bought 2 boxes), you get 2 swamps and 4 islands. BUT to go one step further, they include a bag of static grass! Fortunately, the static grass perfectly matches my board.



I wasn't sure if I wanted to add the static grass or not- it makes storing/stacking them a little more iffy, but in the end I decided to give it a shot.







Honestly, what's to say about them? I love JR Miniatures, and their swamps do work out to be a bit cheaper, but they are of much lower quality than these guys. The Gale Force 9 Battlefield in a Box terrain is superb, and to go one step further, I think this box of swamps is probably the absolute best set they've come out with to date for the price. A+.

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.