Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hetzers Gonna Hetz!

Long have I wanted some Hetzers for my German forces in Flames of War. Finally, with the release of Grey Wolf, the Hetzers became much more widely available! I originally planned to order 14 to run the full company, but talked myself out of it and only grabbed 4.

MODEL REVIEW
This is a relatively new sculpt from Battlefront, and honestly it's one of the best pieces I've ever purchased.  Cleanup was a cinch, and the detail level is just right.  I had a blast painting them, all the while making little engine noises.  I really have absolutely zero complaints about these sculpts- everything is great from the tracks to the small remote-controlled machine guns.  Seriously phenomenal sculpts- if you've been on the fence about picking these guys up, trust me and take the plunge!  


QUICK PAINTING GUIDE
 I knocked these guys out relatively quickly, and didn't have a single problem.  After spraying them black, I base coated the vehicle in Dunkelgelb (Vallejo Middlestone).  After that, I did a google search for Hetzer Camouflage and found a great modeling site to use as inspiration for my camo.  I didn't tape anything off or anything like that, just painted carefully by hand, planning ahead.  I did the green first (Vallejo Olive Camo Green) followed by the brown (Vallejo Flat Brown).  After that it was just a matter of picking out the details and applying my divisive blacklining techniques using a Pitt/Faber-Castell Artist Series Superfine Pen
FROM WIKIPEDIA

The Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Sd.Kfz. 138/2), later known as Hetzer ("baiter"), was a German light tank destroyer of the Second World War based on a modified Czechoslovakian Panzer 38(t) chassis. The project was inspired by the Romanian "Mareşal" tank destroyer.[1][2]

The Jagdpanzer 38(t) was intended to be more cost-effective than the much more ambitious Jagdpanther and Jagdtiger designs of the same period. Using a proven chassis, it avoided the mechanical problems of the larger armoured vehicles.
It was better armored than the lightly armoured earlier Panzerjäger Marder and Nashorn with a sloped armour front plate of 60 mm sloped back at 60 degrees from the vertical (equivalent in protection to about 120 mm), carried a reasonably powerful gun, was mechanically reliable, small and easily concealed. It was also cheap to build.

Hetzer. (2011, December 8). In Wikipedia. Retrieved January 13, 2012, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hetzer&oldid=464803439



Name
 weapon
Mobility
 range
Front
 ROF
Side
 anti-tank
Top
 Firepower
Equipment and Notes
Jagdpanzer 38(t) (Hetzer)
 7.5cm PaK39 gun
Standard Tank
32"
7
2
2
11
1
3+
Overloaded.  Hull MG.

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.