Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: Battlefront's German 12.8cm K81 Guns (GBX61)

- by Dirty Jon

These guns are 'UGE! You get everything you need in the package to make a full battery of 4 guns with Command, Staff and 2 Observer teams - just right for your Flames of War German Artillery! I whipped these guys out pretty quick -- sticking with my table-top painting standard.


THE GOOD
Did I say that these were HUGE? They are amazingly big. The cost of materials in this box must be some of the highest of any Battlefront box - the value here is nice. The guns went together in a snap -- very easy to assemble.
Bigger than a Tiger:


THE BAD
There was a ton of flash on these models. I think I set myself up for some disappointment though - I figured that these were all new models and would have very little flash - wrong. Some of the flash lines are in between rivets too - I wasn't cleaning that out, so I just dealt with it. If you are a fanatic about such things (I usually am), then plan to spend some extra time with these. From 2 feet out, don't worry about it.


THE UGLY
Ugly for your opponent! These guys are AT 17 AND can bombard with a staff team! Checking in at 530 points makes these guys very expensive - but there is nothing like carving up tanks on the Eastern Front from 48" away, baby! This battery does double-duty: great AT assets and great arty!

CONCLUSION:
17 out of 20 "WTF? AT17 ?!?!?"s

IN FLAMES OF WAR

Weapon
 
Mobility
 
Range
 
ROF
 
Anti-Tank
 
Firepower
 
Equipment and Notes
12.8cm K81 Gun
  Firing Bombardments
Immobile
48"/120cm
104"/260cm
1
-
17
4
2+
3+
Breakthrough Gun





Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.