Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Review: Crescent Root Church

Luke got me a Crescent Root Church for my birthday, and I just got around to painting it. I love this thing! I really needed a church for my Flames of War games. Steven has had one for a long time, and I had been coveting it for a while. In most of Steven's Batreps, you see Crescent Root buildings.


I sprayed this with fairly dark grey auto primer. For the stone areas, I did drybrush layers of: Dunklegelb, Khaki, Stone Grey, then some very light White.




For the roofs, I did a drybrush of: Light Grey, Stone Grey, then some very light white. I also did a Black Wash over them to darken it up a bit.


The wooden parts are just a coat of Flat Earth (I think...) with a Sepia Wash. I will likely go back and put in stained glass on the window above the door there.



CONCLUSION: 10 of 10 Stars!
This checks in at $49USD, which is a little expensive. But, in this case I believe you get what you pay for. This thing is MASSIVE and will be the centerpiece of any board it is placed on. The resin is very tough and chunky -- takes paint very well. I did not see much bubbling at all on the piece, which is very difficult with the roof on this model.
There is a platform for this Church available for $25USD and another small building with a removable roof for $10USD -- I will be getting both very soon!


Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.