Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Think We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat...

So my New Year's resolution is to finally get this Phantom Titan painted. I purchased it when it first came out, and immediately had buyer's regret, since I didn't (and still don't) play 40k anymore! I intend to make some periodic updates here as I slowly get this thing painted up.

It's too big to fit in my light box, so you get terribad dining room table pictures!


The full body shot


Here's some WIP assembly shots taken from about a year ago when I assembled it.



Yes, that's NINE Jadpanthers in the background. Don't ask. An astute observer will also notice 120 Skavens, some unbased 28mm Amazons, two Polish Armored Train turrets, and a box of Chaos Daemons.

Some totally random things pointed out in the background.


Add some more shots of it in it's current state. It's got a solid layer of dust and cobwebs over the whole thing.



 Some stats on this puppy: 

  • It weights around 15 pounds. 
  • Is mounted on a 16-inch clock face
  • Used over 6-feet of brass rod during assembly for pinning
  • The actual kit only contained a little under a hundred pieces.

The cockpit opens up! I love toys that I can play with!

Here's a scale picture shot. Theres a space marine on the left, a FoW infantry stand in the middle, and an M18 on the right!

I magnetized it at various points to make storing and transporting slightly easier if ever needed. Also lets me remove arms for damage!

If you look closely, you'll see cobwebs between the fins....


Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.