Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Panzer IV F2 Tournament Prize Support

Just a quick update to show some Plastic Soldier Company Panzer IV F2s I painted up for some prize support.  These could be yours!

There will be a 1500 point Mid-War Flames of War tournament at the Foundry in Huntsville Alabama on February 16th, 2013.  See here for more information.


Since this is a Mid-War tournament, I decided to do this guys up in a transitional East Front pattern.  I went for a worn look with lots of chipping and dirt.


In the above picture, you can really see the sponge work.  I used German Grey and a ripped blister sponge to achieve this effect.  As always, I sealed these with Gloss Varnish and washed with Sepia Wash.  Finally, Testors Dull Cote.


I did a little bit of pigment work with European Dust on the front and back of the models.  I am really returning to pigments to some fairly good effect.  I did not want to go overboard with it, as these are for a give-away and the eventual owner might not be all that in to pigments.


Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.