Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Map Master Battle Maps for Battletech/Leviathans

 Both Leviathans by Catalyst Game Labs and Battletech use 1.25" hexes.  Being a newcomer to hex mats, I was surprised to find that there aren't many manufacturers of high quality mats with those size hexes!  So I spent a good while internetting (yeah, it's a verb) and finally came across Map Master Battle Maps who specializes in Battletech maps.  I emailed Grayson from Map Master and asked if he could remove the hex numbers and elevation lines (used in Battletech but not Leviathans) for me on 2 maps I picked out.  He obliged and a few short weeks later the two maps I picked out arrived!



 The maps I received are just a hair under 6' x 4' and so work perfect on a standard size gaming table.  They're printed on a heavy duty vinyl.  The printing is high quality and the images look great.
 The first map is a big desert outpost.  All sorts of cool scenarios could be built around this map.

 In the fictional world of Leviathans, much of the combat takes place in the Mediterranean in and around Colonial North Africa, so this map would be perfect.
 My one gripe about the mats is only that they're glossy, and thus the light can tend to catch them and reflect a bit.  Not a huge issue, but in my gamer oom with all the lighting I use, it can be a little distracting.
 The second map I got depicts an archipelago that looks right at home in the English Channel, again fitting the Leviathans fluff perfectly.

 In total, I paid $165 for both mats on vinyl, shipping included.  At just over $80 a piece, I'm quite happy with them!

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.