Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Armament in Miniatures AC-47 Spooky

Even though Battlefront left aircraft out of Tour of Duty, I couldn't keep my wallet closed when I found this AC-47 Spooky from Armament in Miniatures (AiM).  I learned about AiM from Anatoli of Anatoli's Game Room.  Anatoli found some great Polish aircraft for his September Campaign, an all this Polish Campaign for Early War Flames of War.  In addition to learning about AiM from Anatoli, Mike over at Scary Biscuits scratch built a AC-47 several months ago.  Mike is a much better modeler than me, but when I found the Spooky on the AiM website I placed the order.


Unlike the plastic model Mike used, the AiM model is an all resin kit.  The body and wings of the AC-47 are one piece and require not assembly.  The props, guns and tiny bits must be glued on separately.  The all resin kit is fairly heavy, so we had to use two battlefront flight stands to keep airborne.


My dad and I glued the magnets at an angle to give the circling the target effect.


We are not sure how we are going to use the AC-47 in our Tour of Duty games, but we are kicking around some ideas.  The AC-47 was armed with 3 mini-guns and a plethora of ammunition, capable of saturating a football sized area with bullets.   The possibilities are endless, and I don't think I can wait for Battlefront to come out with rules.

I give these figures a 9 out of 10 Puff the Magic Dragons.

If you want to talk about this article or any other article on the WWPD network make sure you join the conversation on the WWPD Forum by clicking the link below.

“Craig Baxter is the Director of the WWPD Northern Research center in Anchorage, AK. When he’s not contributing to WWPD.net he is busy blogging, painting, modeling and rolling dice. You can find more of his work and articles at frozengamerak.blogspot.com.”

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.