Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 2, 2014

More Steam Tanks for All Quiet on the Martian Front!

Scott has already done a great job looking at Alien Dungeon's Steam Tanks for All Quiet on the Martian Front, but I painted mine up and wanted to share them! Similar to how I did my tripods, I will show my process and the finished result.
Another shot of the plastic frame.

 A MkIII assembled.

 Next to a Flames Of War Panzer III- this is a big ol' tank!

 Assembling my first batch!

 I used this coarse pumice gel to put in the coal bin on the back of the tank.

 I just slapped it in with a putty knife. Note: I did this BEFORE priming in all cases, except for my test tank.

 All of the tanks primed. I used Vallejo Surface Primer Russian Green. Love this stuff! The end result will be tanks that are significantly darker than Scott's (and those featured in the book).

 Next I drybrushed them liberally with Vallejo Green Grey, and painted the tracks Vallejo Hull Red.

 Finally, I used Vallejo Dark Brown Model Wash to do some weathering.

 Just wanted to make the tanks look a bit rusty and streaky, Note I also drybrushed "up and down" along the side of the tracks to aid the streakiness.

 The cast of characters so far.

 After a quick drybrush of oily steel over the tracks, it's time to do my oil wash. For more info on how I do that, please see my article on WWPD.

 Next comes the weathering! I liberally drybrushed Flat Earth all over the tank, followed by Beige Brown just along the bottom.

 The decals I used were Battlefront's French range. Alien Dungeon makes a fantastic set of decals, but I gave our copies to Scott.
 Just awaiting a Matte cote.

 MkIIs all done.

 Next to some US infantry

 More Mk IIs
 Mk IIb

 I only did one Mk III this round to see how it looked, but will finish out the unit shortly.

 For scale

 All of my tanks!
US Forces so far.


Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.