Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bolt Action - OXI - Greek Army Project Part 8 - Universal Carriers



The Greeks had access to British Universal Carriers and used them as armored transports in a limited mechanized capacity.   The Universal Carrier, which was also known as the Bren Carrier, was developed and used by Commonwealth countries during the War.  These armored transports were used to move men, guns and equipment.  More Universal Carriers were built during the war than any other armored transport in the history of war.




Both of my universal carriers are from Warlord game.  These are pretty sweet plastic kits that come with the options to make early and late model carriers.  Additionally these kits come with crew, which i head bashed to make crew.  It is an awesome kit with a lots of extra bits and options for customization.  It was also really easy to put together.


The only thing I did not like about the kits was the fenders on the front of the carrier did not have a tight fit and no matter what I did I could not get them to lay flush with the hull.


I really enjoyed this kit and will definitely be picking up a few more for my desert British.  This is the last of my Greek army updates for a while.  I more or less have everything I need to field more or less any option from the Greek army list, minus cavalry and the armored car.




Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.