Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Total System Scenic Train Tracks

Back when I posted my Battlefront Train Tracks review, I lamented the lack of curved pieces.  I really liked the Battle Front offering, but have trouble seeing myself using them much without the curved option!  I contacted several alternative manufacturers, and Total System Scenic responded with a sampling of their tracks!



Included in the review pack were a 12" straight section, a 7" curve, a 6" damaged piece, and a "right hand point".  All of the pieces are cast resin and come pre-painted.
My initial concerns were that resin tracks would be too prone to breaking, but these are surprisingly sturdy.  I think they can easily stand up to gaming wear and tear- maybe not a sharp fall, but short of any accidents these will last.  Color me impressed!
The damaged section includes the track to keep the rails intact if you desire.
I don't really have any complaints- I think the level of pre-painting is just right (leaves plenty of room to add flock to match your table if you desire), the tracks themselves look very good, and the scale is just right.

One minor complaint on the "right hand point" piece is that the tracks don't quite line up...

It's minor, but enough to kick my OCD into overdrive.

But the tracks fit the armored train perfectly!

And wow- a curve!  Clearly the available options give you a great variety to build the exact track you want.

Price wise, the 12" straight piece is 4 pounds (which is about US $6.50 at time of writing) while the Battlefront set comes 8 for $45 or about US $5.60.  Of course, we can't compare the curve pieces, and for the variety available alone, the Total System Scenic offering cannot be ignored!
In all, I am impressed, and will likely grab a slew of TSS tracks in the future.  I do like the Battlefront offering a whole lot, but I suppose I won't be holding my breath for them to come out with curves of their own!

15/18 Panzerwagon Flatbed Cars

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.