Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, September 14, 2012

Staghounds

I wanted to get back to some British Flames of War stuff, so I dug through my huge painting queue and plucked out some fine Staghounds! I originally got these so I could run the 2nd Household Cavalry Squadron out of Hell's Highway - I just might have to give these a try!


Other than just looking as cool as can be, the Staghound is a big upgrade from the Daimler I. The stat line looks like this (click the pic):



Now, this may not look like much to some, but this a BIG upgrade from the Daimler I. The Staghound has 2 more Front Armor, 1 more Side Armor and an extra MG. The HQ Staghounds are 55 points each, with the 2 HQ added Staghounds only 45 more. For 5 more points, an AAMG can even be added! The overall cost is just slightly more than the Daimler I and very much worth it, in my opinion.

With the upgraded armor, shots from those pesky HMGs are totally survivable. Enough shots at FA 1 with small arms WILL bring down a Daimler. The side armor of 1 also makes assaults a little less scary, especially with the new-ish V3 rule about 2 tanks teams in defensive fire.


I did these guys up pretty worn and dirty. They are Irish Guards! I need to go back and add in the antenna for the radios. These shine in these pictures, but do not in person.



Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.