Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 1, 2013

Bolt Action - Review - Black Tree Designs Soviet HQ

(This article continues Mr. Baxter's journey into Mother Russia. A battle report featuring all his recent Soviet work is soon to follow! - Judson)

With ranks filled and guns loaded, the brave sons of the Soviet Union are poised to take on the Fascists.  All they need is a few strong men, loyal to the regime and Comrade Stalin, to lead them.  Backed up by snipers and the watchful NKVD, these comrades are ready to lead our boys onto victory.



All but two of the figures pictured above are from Black Tree Designs.  The Naval officer and NKVD officers are from Warlord.  Below is my NKVD officer from Warlord, originally it was a Naval Officer, but I painted him as a political officer.  The middle figure is my Medical officer.  Eventually I will paint two orderlies to go with him.  Last is a Black Tree figure with an accordion which I painted as a Lieutenant. 



Here are four more officer figures.  The first is a staff figure cooking with a cast iron pan, then next two figures are from Black Tree Designs World War Two Men of War range.  First is Katukov and second is Chuikov.  Last is my Soviet Naval officer from Warlord.


The last figures I painted for my Soviet Army are two sniper teams from Black Tree Designs.  I painted them with a Soviet camouflage pattern.  One team is laying down the other standing up.



Over all I am very pleased with how my Soviet Force has turned out.  Black Tree Designs is an excellent company and I am extremely please with my force.  If you have a Bolt Action Army and want to talk about it join us on the WWPD forum.

“Craig Baxter is the Director of the WWPD Northern Research center in Anchorage, AK. When he’s not contributing to WWPD.net he is busy blogging, painting, modeling and rolling dice. You can find more of his work and articles at frozengamerak.blogspot.com.”



Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.