Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 1, 2013

Review: CorSec Engineering Quonset Hut

We got in a really cool looking 15mm Quonset Hut from CorSec Engineering for review.  These were seen all over the place in World War II, and is a key piece of terrain for an Allied airfield or other semi-permanent installation.



The kit is pretty simple and comes in a flat plastic bag.  The core structure is MDF, which makes it very tough.  You get some plastic end pieces and the roof with some pretty good detail.  I did zero trimming or other preparatory work on the kit.  The assembly was not difficult, but it did help to watch the assembly video that CoreSec provides.  I think it took me about 5 minutes to get it all together, including drying time.  Please make sure you use a good superglue, as the roof tends to try to pop off.

All the pieces included in the kit.


I painted this up with some Krylon flat camouflage and dry brushed with Green Grey.  I hit the doors and the window frames with USA Tan Earth (874) and then a little Sepia Wash.

It would have been super smart to figure out a way to cut some blister plastic and glue on the inside for windows.
Infantry and Tank for scale.  Looks spot on to me.
Conclusion: 10/10.  I can't really think of anything to complain about here.  It would be nice if the roof came off, but I am not really seeing how that would work exactly.  Weighing in at just USD$7.99, I am not sure the value can be beat.  Easy to assemble, easy to paint and easy to put on the table for Flames of War!

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.