Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Reinforced Trucks

As part of this year's Arnhem game at Cold Wars, I wanted to get some real reinforced trucks for the table.  I had previously purchased some Game Models trucks and thought they would be a great candidate for a conversion.  I certainly stole this idea from one of our readers Mike Haught -- so all credit to him! someone else.


I didn't want to permanently convert these trucks, so I measured and cut out some thin plasticard I had laying around the house.  I think some thin cardboard would also work.  I then scrounged up some extra bits from the old bit box and proceeded to glue it all on.  I even found a crouching machine gunner, so I put him in as well.


The Game Models trucks didn't have a high enough cab to put a standing MG guy from one of the German half tracks in the back, so I found some plastic tubes and some grates and stuff.  I made the sandbags out of Green Stuff.  I basically rolled out a thin log of material and cut to size.  I think these look close enough.



I thought about magnetizing these, but it just isn't needed.  I think I can also pass these trucks off as Pioneer supply trucks, when needed.


I think I will add some standing guys in the back at some point -- but right now, I just needed to finish these up for the upcoming event at Cold Wars.  What do you think?  Sound off on the forums....
 

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.