Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sd.Kfz 231 (8 Rads)

So, I had to take a break from modeling scenery for Arnhem and get some miniatures painted! I started thinking about the Recce force I will have come across the bridge, and went to the Flames of War site to pick out some cool models. In A Bridge to Far, I saw the option to get some cheap Recce in 8-rads, so I snapped some up at Cold Wars.



These guys look huge, but have Jeep movement and can really get around! Moving so well, I can see preventing Ambushes and lifting Gone To Ground for my mobile German forces.

This is a great unit to pick up if you need just one more platoon to get to an even number. At just 90 points (CV) for two of these guys, you are really forced to use these as Recce was intended -- scout and disengage.

I really enjoyed painting these guys! I used the my standard German Camouflage technique -- these are for Arnhem, so I figured they would be re-painted by then.

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.