Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Read my Blog!


I'm starting my own blog for my musings on war-games mechanics: www.buildingabetterwargame.com.

As you might have noticed, I'm a bit of rules tinkerer.  For the last few years, as I've been playing Flames of War, I've been thinking about how to take some of its strengths to other settings.  In particular, I really love space fantasy universes, like Warhammer 40k or Star Wars.  At first, I started by experimenting with adapting Flames of War to the 40k universe.  You can see some of the results here and here.  I quickly realized, however, that a space fantasy setting requires a completely new set of rules to handle things like tough monsters, giant robots, and powered armor.  So I started writing one.

Building a Better Wargame showcases my ongoing work on this project. Each post will present or revise draft rules for some aspect of the game, along with my design notes and musings. Eventually, the posts will add up to a complete rules set.  I may also veer off topic and discuss other things related to game mechanics and game design.

I hope you will visit and enjoy.

-- Tom "Mad Dog" de Mayo

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.