Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bolt Action - Review: Warlord Bolt Action T34/85

Hey gang! Here's some work by a long-time WWPD posse member Scott Simoneau. If anyone else has any work-in-progress or completed 28mm models they'd like to show off, feel free to drop me a line at: judson@wwpd.net

Thanks for the submission, Scott!

I've gotten a lot of questions about the vehicles in Bolt Action. As until a week ago, I had never actually seen one of Warlord's Bolt Action tanks, so I figured I'd put up some pictures of one!

I tossed together this Warlord T34/85 the other night. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of it as a WIP. This tank kit came as a one-piece resin hull, two one-piece resin tracks, a resin turret, and metal barrels, commander, hatches and stowage. All and all, if you don't use any of the stowage, it's a total of seven pieces, so assembly was a breeze!

I play Soviets pretty extensively in Flames of War, and have always gone for the two-tone camo, even though it was pretty rare in practice. I just think it looks better! I was also able to play with some more extensive weathering that just would be overbearing in 15mm. Here you'll see some mud effects and a few different colors of pigment.

Here's a picture of the Warlord tank next to a 15mm Plastic Solider Company tank (which is totally blurred out of focus!)

The rear side that I hope never gets exposed!

Some dirty tracks.

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.