Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 19, 2012

When Rifles Just Aren't Good Enough (Winter US)....

Here's some quick snapshots of two of the new U.S. winter support blisters - Weapons Platoon Winter (US706) and HMG Platoon Winter (US755). There's not a whole lot to say about these figures - a lot of the figures were duplicated in the Armored Rifle Platoon and Combat Engineer Platoon reviews I did earlier. I did take some loose step-by-step pictures of the Weapons Platoon in progress so you can see how they progressed. 
I started by gluing the figures in the slotted bases (which are awesome btw!) and laying a simple layer of  my usual basing material. Its not essential to 100% cover the bases since we'll be adding snow flock later.

Applied a very light coat of primer through my airbrush.

Basecoated the infantry with the airbrush as well.

Preliminary base work - a coat of white paint over the basing material with a light brown wash to give it some visual texture  so the final product isn't just a pure white base.

Finished basecoating figures. I pick out boots, pouches/straps, skin, guns, and helmets with paint. I then brush on a light coat of quickshade.

And the finished product!



If we had helos hovering above, this is what they'd see

The three 60mm mortars!

More helo shots

I won't bore you with another step by step, but here's the HMG platoon (although I forgot to snap shots of the command stand!)




Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.