Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tale of 2 Cities - Week 2: Dirty Jon's Gepanzerte Panzergrenadierkompanie


As you all saw in my previous article, I chose the Gepanzerte Panzergrenadierkompanie for my army list. I have gone ahead and used Easy Army to map it all out:




$40 GBX17 Panzergrenadier Company HQ
$65 GBX09 Panzergrenadier Platoon (Late)
$65 GBX09 Panzergrenadier Platoon (Late)
$23 GBX14 Königstiger (King Tiger)
$12.50 GE301 Sd Kfz 222 (2cm)
$12.50 GE301 Sd Kfz 222 (2cm)
$12.50 GE302 SdKfz 223 (radio)
$58 GBX38 Armoured Rocket Launcher Battery
$40 FWBX02 ACHTUNG!

Total for all the miniatures plus the rules: $328.50

SPARE PARTS:
You will have plenty of leftover stuff to after assembling this list. I have traded my Shermans in the Achtung! set to a friend for his 2 StuGs - Yippie! I get a ton of extras in the GBX09 Panzergrenadier Platoon (Late) box. I get all the decals I need for this whole list and more! If I go with 4 men per base, I get enough extra between the two boxes to make several stands for my next platoon. From the GBX17 Panzergrenadier Company HQ box, I get an additional half track and a Panzerschreck team that I can add to my force later. Not too bad!

If you do not already have paints, I suggest picking up these:
$20 GPS01 German Infantry Paint Set
$20 GPS02 German Armour Paint Set
$12 SP04 German Armour (mid/late)

Total for all the paints: $52.00

GETTING STARTED:
For the infantry, I like to just go ahead and base them up and paint them. I trim everything of flash and mount them right up to the base. Next, I like to use spackle from the hardware store to build up the bases. Once that dries, I prime them up black.
I am using fancy Rubble Bases with one platoon! When I use those, I glue my guys to popsicle sticks and paint them up completely. I then finish off the rubble bases completely. Once everything is dry, I mount the figs and glue some ballast on the base to blend them in. I then touch that up and matte seal the whole stand.

For the vehicles, I will be doing my standard German Camouflage. Don't forget to hit the hardware store for some Gloss Varnish -- this will help your decals stick well and also protect your paint jobs -- I find the gloss under the matte to be incredibly durable.

Discuss this topic on the forum

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.