Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 7, 2012

Dirty Jon Goes Early War: Part 4

Welcome to Part IV of my adventures in Early War Flames of War!  I knocked some things out over the Thanksgiving holiday - I guess I need to make a list soon, eh?  You can see the rest of the series here:

Early War Part 1
Early War Part 2
Early War Part 3

I am steadily making progress.  This time, I actually cracked open the Blitzkrieg Light Panzer Company box set and plucked out the Panzer III Es.  Although I have 5 PzIIIs already, I just love these guys - I had to paint them!
Pz III Es roll past an ammo dump in Poland.
Power Punch
With ROF 3, AT 6, and a 4+ Firepower, these PzIIIs really pack a punch!  I can see using these guys to really chew up on some Brit and French light armor.  In addition, they have Twin co-axial MGs and a hull MG which can make mince meat of opposing Infantry.


Protection
These boys have a very decent 3 Front and Side armor, making them very survivable in the face of most Allied tank guns.  What is even better, is that they have Protected Ammo (Edit: just unlike the PzII) - I hear from most Early War players that it is a Bailed Out festival, so this should help a ton.



Conclusion
With 8 Panzer IIIs ready for Early War, I now have over 1000 points in these guys alone.  There is no way that I am going to be able to run them all.  However, I now have some good options for running up to 5 in one platoon (unlikely) and up to 3 in another (likely).

I need to get some Pz IVs to deal with heavy tanks, but I am glad I have these finished.  For some reason, I am not looking forward to the zillion Pz IIs I need to assemble.  The painting really is easy.

I used a combination of Battlefront and Dom's Decals on these.  The only complaint I have is that the decals are VERY thin - not like the Battlefront product at all.  I tend to have to fiddle with the decals just a bit.  Oh well, the price for variety!  The numbers are a bit large, and I am going to have to come up with something else for the smaller tanks - maybe just one number or something?  I'll have to hit the books and do some research.
"You talkin' to me?"



I need to get a list together.  Maybe that will be the next post.  As you guys know, I love the painting -- I paint stuff I don't even know what to do with!  You have a comment or suggestion?  We'd love to hear about it on our Forums!

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.