Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Star Wars X-Wing - Spoiler Alert: X-Wing Slave 1

I recently won my local X-Wing Kessel Run Tournament.  In the final round of play my opponent and I built forces using the ships from the Wave Two X-Wing Expansion.  As a loyal supporter of the Empror I felt that it was only right for me to play the Imperial force.  So I got to field field Slave 1 and two TIE interceptors.  It was a close, hard fought fight, but I managed to pull off the win.  The top four players got to take new ships home as prizes and since Slave 1 helped me secure victory, and since I have no love for those Rebel Scum, I took it home.

The expansion forces mixing it up.
In the final moment of the game I took advantage of Slave 1's ability to shoot to its rear arc to knock out the final A-Wing.


Since Wave Two is not due in shops for a few more months, I thought I let everyone share in my victory by spoiling the contents of the Slave 1 expansion.

The Model
I still cannot believe how well painted these models are.  Check out all the detail. I have absolutely no complaints about this model.



New Cards
This missile looks awesome, my question is is the damage automatic or do the other ships get a chance to save?  I think they are just damaged.

I used this with awesome success during the tournament.  It was awesome when shooting at longer ranges, just remember only primary weapons can shoot to the rear, not the secondary weapons.

Drop one of these on a ship that has already moved and game over.

Another awesome upgrade.  My question for this card is if I am hit by an attack does it go away before my save roll?  If I save all the hits does it go away?  If I take no damage, but lose shields does it go away?  I think I may have played this wrong in the tournament and must have answers.

This is awesome against A-Wings

There are so many cool named pilots that could benefit from an increased pilot skill.

When you got to get the kill this will make sure it happens.

Giving Slave 1 even more firepower

Oh the possibilities.

Making long range attacks nasty again.

You have got to see the template for this.

Same as the Y-Wing, except it isn't turreted (no 360* fire)

Taking maneuverability to the next level.

Sweet Sassy

Not bad for a basic pilot.

This will come in handy

Kaboom Rules

These are the tokens for the bombs and mines


Not the most agile, but trust me, you don't need to be

Well there it is all the stuff included inside Slave 1.  I am not able to spoil the other ships at this time, but trust me, they are just as awesome as Slave 1.

If you have any thoughts on Slave 1, it components or have thoughts on any of the questions I posed feel free to discuss them on the WWPD forum.

“Craig Baxter is the Director of the WWPD Northern Research center in Anchorage, AK. When he’s not contributing to WWPD.net he is busy blogging, painting, modeling and rolling dice. You can find more of his work and articles at frozengamerak.blogspot.com.”

Popular Posts In the last 30 Days

Copyright 2009-2012 WWPD LLC. Graphics and webdesign by Arran Slee-Smith. Original Template Designed by Magpress.